Sunday, January 3, 2010

Enjoy Your Night's Sleep and Get Good Energy



Getting lots of sleep at night has proven to be really beneficial for me and is one of the ways that I have good energy the next day. Juggling a full-time job and a business, it's easy and enticing to stay up all night to work on your own entreprenurial endeavors. I must say that I've learned the hard way. If I consistently do late nighters, I feel worn out. I can do one late night a week but more than one late night per week is asking for big trouble down the road!

So what's the solution?

When I go to bed before 11:00PM I wake up earlier with good energy in the morning and I have the time to devote an hour or so to the business. It's much better than staying up late and feeling tired the next day.

Having dinner before 8:00PM and not going to bed with a full stomach and also going to bed before 11:00PM are two main things that I struggled with last year but, I am definitely making them a priority this year. I've learned to eat a lighter meal at night and have lunch as the main meal since this is when our digestive systems are at the highest. It's all about adjusting our schedules. When we make something a routine for a few days it becomes a habit. These are two habits that I'm looking forward to keeping.

Are you an entreprenuer and work full-time? How do you spend your evenings after work?

Subscribe to NYAccents: Fashion Design Career Blog by Email



5 comments:

KeeJquay said...

I have read your entire blog this weekend. I must say that it has been very, very informative! I have so many ideas trapped in my head so my NYR was to learn everything that I could about the fashion business. The interview that you did with Mercedes Kerrison has helped me properly research and narrow down my career. I would love to create my own line of skirts, pants, and tops for a "real" African-American woman. I could go on and on but I really wanted to say thank you for your blog. You have truly inspired me.

Any ideas where I could go to learn how to do fashion sketching? I can't draw worth a lick right now and I need to learn how to get my ideas on paper.

Unknown said...

Hi KeeJquay! Thank you for your wonderful comment. I am so glad that my experiences can help you out in narrowing down your goals. Are you in the USA? If so, where do you live? Maybe I can recommend a fashion school for you. Thanks for reading!

KeeJquay said...

I live in Memphis, TN. There aren't any fashion schools here in the city. The nearest school is in Nashville, TN which is 3 hours away.

Unknown said...

Hi KeeJquay, Have you checked out the school in Nashville? The schools that I can recommend are in NYC and the school that I went to in VA. I actually went to FIT in NYC just to take a single class to get that New York fashion school experience. I found that in comparison that the school that I had already graduated from in VA, Marymount University was just as good! So, wherever you go, make the absolute best of it and you will succeed.

Dav DiDi said...

Interesting .. yeah , i agree .. for dinner, its not necessary to eat heavy meal .. light meal will do