Thursday, June 19, 2008

Designers, Are You Up on ETSY?

etsy.com is a cool shopping portal which mainly focuses on all things handmade. They have other categories such as vintage and commercial supplies. It's great for designers of all categories, whether you specialize in apparel, accessories, photography, ceramics or any other category. I've even seen graphic designers with an etsy shop selling their design services.

Tons of visitors go there because, etsy is known for really cool and unique handmade items which is perfect for gift giving. Even though I have my own ecommerce site, www.newyorkaccents.com, I joined etsy about a month ago to test it out. So far no sales yet for me but, I have received tons of interest. I think it's a great way for us designers to expand our prospect base.

Etsy wants you to succeed as well. Their site has a ton of self help materials in an easy to read and fun format. They have forums, online classes, and news flashes of tips from successful etsy sellers. The vibe at etsy is very positive. They do an excellent job at promoting sharing success tips. Best of all their fees are very reasonable.

Check it out for yourself at www.etsy.com. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you had an Etsy shop. I love your tote bag. I will definitely be back to purchase one soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Elisa,

Thanks! You'll definitely love the tote :) Are you on etsy as well? If so, let's connect!